Brothers and Sisters,
This Thursday, March 25, we have the chance to protect workers and unions across the Granite State. We are up against powerful corporate interests, and our strength is in our numbers. We urge you to add your name when the New Hampshire House Committee on Labor hears the bill.
Many of our fellow members and neighbors have signed up to testify. What we need to do now is register as many people as we can as opposed to RTW. You do not need to be a New Hampshire resident.
Here’s how to do that:
- Visit this link.
- Select the date of the hearing: March 25.
- Select the committee: “House Labor, Industrial and Rehabilitative Services.”
- Choose the Bill: “10:00 am – SB61.”
- Select the appropriate option for the “I am” dropbox (likely “Member of the Public”)
- Fill in the content box under “I’m Representing” with the business, organization, or group you are representing. If you are representing yourself only, write “Myself.”
- Check the circle stating “I oppose this Bill.”
- Because so many people have signed up to testify, you do not need to check the box next to “I Wish to Speak on this Bill.”
- Click “Continue” at the bottom of the page to enter your contact information and submit your opposition.
You may also submit written testimony to the House Labor Committee. Send your comments to: HouseLaborIndustrialandRehabilitativeServices@leg.state.nh.us.
Our strength this week is in our numbers! Please encourage friends, family members, and neighbors to join you in registering their opposition to RTW by following the steps above. Thank you again for helping us protect working families in our state.
William P. Hurley
Business Agent/President of the New Hampshire Building Trades Council