Brothers and Sisters,
It’s on all of us to make sure everyone gets home safe and sound. Safety is a continuous learning process, and all of us can use a refresher once in a while.
Read on for educational resources about some of the top hazards for iron workers:
- Falls are the leading cause of death in construction. Learn more about fall prevention for yourself and others.
- In the summer, many of us are working in hot, humid conditions. Stay safe in the heat.
- Know the signs of heat stress: heavy sweating; weakness; cold, pale, and clammy skin; fast, weak pulse; nausea or vomiting; and/or fainting
- Proper PPE use can save lives and prevent serious long-term illnesses.
- ALWAYS inspect harnesses and safety equipment before use.
- Reduce stress from heavy lifting or repetitive movements.
Even one injury or death on the job is one too many. Protect yourself and fellow iron workers by speaking up if you see safety hazards.
Thank you for doing your part.
William P. Hurley