TEXT LOCAL7 to (833) 538-0848 to receive real-time updates from Local 7.
COVID-19 Online Resource Center
Our top priority is to be here for our members during these tough times. That’s why we’ve developed this online COVID-19 Resource Center. We’ll be updating it with the latest guidance and information to support you and your family.
Please review the resources below. We will continue to uphold the highest safety standards in the industry, and we are counting on each of you to lead by example and stay safe for the sake of your coworkers, family, and community.
Contacting Local 7
The Union Hall, Funds Office, and Training Centers are open in adherence to COVID-19 return to work guidelines. We remain operational and ready to assist. Our phone lines and emails are open for any questions or concerns you may have during normal business hours of 6:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Visitors will be required to call for assistance and wear a face covering inside. Learn more about connecting with Local 7.
Safety Guidelines Work and Union Meetings
As you know, the number of COVID-19 cases is rising across our region. Recent guidance from officials in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts have called for increased restrictions, including stricter mask mandates, lower limits on gatherings, and updated stay-at-home advisories in some areas.
- As of December 13, 2020, all communities in Massachusetts returned to Step 1 of Phase 3, of the Commonwealth’s reopening plan. The Baker Administration announced the roll-back to respond to an increase in new COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations that strained the health care system.
- Everyone over the age of 5 is required to wear a face-covering in public that covers the nose and mouth.
- There is a limit of 10 people for indoor gatherings and 25 people for outdoor gatherings. Violators will be fined $500.
- There is also a stay-at-home advisory, which requires residents to stay indoors between 10 PM and 5 AM with the exception of work and commuting.
- Receive the most up-to-date information from the Commonwealth by texting COVIDMA to 888-777.
- On November 19, 2020, Governor Chris Sununu signed an Emergency Order instituting a statewide mask mandate in New Hampshire. Everyone over the age of 5 is required to wear a face-covering in public that covers the nose and mouth. The order will remain in effect through January 15, 2021.
- As of December 3, 2020, people exposed to a COVID-19 patient in their house must quarantine for 10 days after the last point of contact with the patient. If they couldn’t separate, they must quarantine for 10 days after the patient’s last day of isolation.
- As of November 13, 2020, residents traveling outside of New England are being asked to quarantine for 14 days upon their return, or quarantine for seven days upon their return, followed by a negative COVID-19 test.
- As of November 5, 2020, there is an Executive Order requiring face-coverings in public.
- Indoor gatherings have been limited to a maximum of 50 people.
- As of November 16, 2020, Massachusetts travelers going to Maine will have to quarantine for two weeks. To avoid quarantine, travelers must produce a recent negative COVID-19 test. Maine health officials are also urging travelers from Massachusetts to get tested and get results 72 hours before going to Maine.
In light of this guidance, Union Meetings will be held virtually. Virtual meetings work just like in-person Union Meetings. We discuss information, share key updates, and anyone may ask questions. The only difference is that you’ll be able to join from your phone. Members in good standing may contact the Union Hall for additional information.
Contact Iron Workers Local 7
Learn more about our offices and send an email to the Local 7 team.